12 Nov 2021 • shedkm
we’re hiring a london studio manager
shedkm is an architectural practice renowned for its strong design approach and a friendly and staff-centred office culture. We have offices in London and Liverpool and a collaborative ‘one practice’ ethos. Next year marks our 25th anniversary and an exciting milestone in the evolution of the practice, with new and completing projects throughout the UK.
To support the growth of our London office, we are now recruiting a studio manager. Reporting to our managing director, and working closely with our practice manager based in Liverpool, you will support our London director and be responsible for coordinating the smooth, day-to-day running of our 20-strong studio on areas including marketing, HR, IT and finance.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to be part of an energetic and dynamic team. Ideally you will have experience in people management/support, possibly in a creative environment, and be familiar with our brand and architecture, but more important is an ability to understand, maintain and develop our positive culture, and play an integral part in nurturing our one practice ethos.
General responsibilities are, but not limited to:
Support and develop the one practice culture:
- help create and maintain a collaborative and progressive studio culture
- assistance for directors, as required
- custodian of company wisdom and database, encouraging a systematic approach to practice knowhow
- organisation of monthly drinks/office trips/quarterly meetings
- travel arrangements for the office
- managing and maintaining filing systems (paper and electronic)
- ensuring day-to-day efficient running of the London studio
- managing office consumables (stationery, office and kitchen supplies and equipment)
- managing suppliers e.g. facilities maintenance, cleaners
- developing initiatives to minimise carbon footprint/recycling/offsetting etc
- coordinating petty cash and credit card use and liaising with the practice finance manager
IT (with external support) – ideally familiar with Mac software:
- managing printers and printer supplies, keeping software licenses and maintenance contracts up to date; liaising with external IT support
- trouble shooting, internal support
- new starter machines + set ups
- how-to-guides (software specific)
- software key/licence management
- web maintenance (from an IT perspective, basic code and posting items)
- management of subscriptions, passwords and software
- supporting the architectural team in matters affecting their role/performance
- liaising with the Liverpool based practice manager on all London related HR matters
- coordinating staff holiday requests
To apply, please submit a short CV and a max 200 word statement telling us why you would find such a role inspiring and why you feel you would be right for this unique opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PDF attachments only please (no links to file sharing applications).
By submitting your application you are proving shedkm with your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment.
Renumeration is dependant on experience.
shedkm is an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking to appoint the role as soon as possible so please apply at your earliest convenience.
Please note that we may only contact you should we wish to proceed to interview, given the anticipated high volume of applicants.